Username Tags - the @ facility

Go down

Username Tags -  the @ facility Empty Username Tags - the @ facility

Post by Mizteeque on Thu May 28, 2015 8:50 am

How to use the @Tagging system

1.  You must activate that option in your notification panel.

At the top of the forum, under the banner, click on the word PROFILE
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. then click on the NOTIFICATIONS tab

3. then ensure that "YOUR USERNAME TAGGED IN A TOPIC" is checked in at least one of the boxes, either by email or in the toolbar
(personally I have in the toolbar checked)  then dont forget to click on SAVE

If you do not activate this notification, others will not be able to tag you in a post

4. Once activated, you will receive a notification when another member 'tags'  your username, in the navbar at the top right of the screen, right next to where it says "Welcome (username)"
if your navbar is not showing click the little arrow to bring it down

5.  To see your notifications - click on the word notification and a list will drop down
as you can see in the screenshot below, Deeva tagged me in a topic, 
click on the words A TOPIC and it will take you to the post you were tagged in
(do not click on their username as this will take you to their profile)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to 'tag' a member  -  type the @ symbol on your keyboard then the member username in your post
Example:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  (go on hover over my name and see what happens)

some things to remember!!

1.  You MUST 'tag' the USERNAME of a member, not their real name or the name they go by, 
for example, sometimes I use 'Tee' on my tags but if you tag @Tee it will not work you must tag [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (my username)
to check members usernames you can look at the Memberlist [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2.  You MUST TYPE the username exactly  - ensure you have the exact spelling or the tag will not work 
(upper/lowercase does not seem to matter - so missing a capital letter will make no difference)

3.  Do not copy and paste the username.
If you copy and paste the username from either the memberlist or from under the members avatar the tag will not work
It will appear as a link, but it will not actually 'tag' the member

4. Do not edit posts to add 'tags'
Please preview your posts to make sure the 'tag' has worked correctly.
editing a post that has already been posted to the forum and adding a 'tag' will not work

5. To know if the 'tag' has worked, preview your post, hover over the tagged username in the preview pane and a small pop up will appear

If the pop up does not appear then you have incorrectly tagged the username, or the member has the tagging function turned off.
If you forget to tag a member, you will need to send them a PM instead.

6.  Special 'tags'
If a username has spaces or extra characters/symbols in it, you must type the 'tag' as follows  @"name" in order for the tag to work. 
For example if you put @Emerald Dragonfly the tag will not work because it has a space, but if you put 
Code:
@"Emerald Dragonfly"
@"Emerald Dragonfly" it will tag it correctly

Another example:  @GinaS. will not tag as there is a period after the S. so you would need to put
Code:
@"GinaS."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for it to tag correctly

This is why we do not allow usernames with funky characters (♦️♣️♠️◘•○☻♥️ etc...)

if your username has a space or dot or something else that makes it difficult for other members to tag you, and would like it changed/altered then please drop a PM to Mizteeque.

7.  Tagging yourself will not work - it may appear as a tag in the post but you will not receive a notification, if you want to practice in this thread please feel free to tag me (Mizteeque)

8.  DO NOT use this tagging system for  "thank you" and/or "You're welcome" posts. 
You are of course permitted and encouraged to show your gratitude but please do not use the tagging system just to say thank you
a simple thank you post will suffice
Mizteeque
Mizteeque
Admin
Admin

http://mizteeques.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Username Tags -  the @ facility Empty Re: Username Tags - the @ facility

Post by chillybean on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:16 am

brilliant thanks all done, every tick ticked lol

•∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ•ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙∙•∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼ ᵒ▫ₒ ₒ▫ᵒ ᴼᵒ•ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙•∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒ ᴼᵒ•ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙•

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
chillybean
chillybean

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum